Marriage is love.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Fuel continues to spiral . . .

Given I live in the 'burbs, I have to drive to my synagogue (for those of you unfamiliar with why that is particularly "special," in the context of the idea of a Jewish day of Spiritual Rest, one key idea is not burning anything: burning is a symbol of work and industry and the goal is REST: eating, family & friends, laughter, some wine for those able (I can't), prayer, meditation, reflection, time with nature . . . not INDUSTRY: so we usually walk).

When I left, there were three stations I passed - one touting $3.09, one $3.19, one $3.08.

When I returned home two hours later, one was closed because it was out of fuel, one was still $3.19, and one was $3.49: the fastest rise since this started - 40 cents per gallon in TWO HOURS.

Did I mention I live in Rochester, NEW YORK?

What the hell is going on?!

Like I said earlier: Worst. President. Ever.


|